EduExcellence provides a wide selection of higher education solutions by three major universities of applied sciences in Finland: Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia.
Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia have launched new initiatives to deepen their partnership. The institutions have began developing measures to promote student mobility and entrepreneurship education and help create easy-access programmes for innovation between higher education institutions and SMEs in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
EduExcellence's aim is to provide easy access to Finnish vocational higher education model and services. We are based in Helsinki metropolitan area and we have significant resources provided by the three universities of applied sciences.
EduExcellence in figures:
* 35,000 students
* 2,500 faculty and staff
* 20 bachelor degree programmes and 13 master degree programmes
* 210 M€ turnover
* 60 new startups annually
* 95% employment after graduation
* 16 campuses
* 600 international partners
Finland in brief
• population 5.5 million (18 inhabitants / sq. km)
• two official languages: Finnish and Swedish
• persons with foreign background: 6.2 % of the population
• education level of the working age population:
13 % basic education, 45 % upper secondary education, 42 % tertiary education
The Ministry of Education and Culture
is one of the twelve ministries that together with the ministers heading them form the Finnish Government. The Ministry of Education and Culture participates in the work of the Government by planning, outlining and implementing its policies. According to the Government Rules of Procedure, the mandate of the Ministry of Education and Culture covers:
• daycare, education, training and research
• arts, culture, sports and youth work
• the archival, museum and public library systems
• the Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Orthodox Church and other religious communities
• student financial aid, and copyright.