Teachers are a key factor in the success of Finnish education. We offer training packages for teachers as well as bespoke consulting services for institutions and governmental offices.
Vocational teacher training for teachers working in vocational or technical education, universities of applied sciences, and technical universities (60 ects, one academic year).
Takeaways and benefits:
• modern learning ideas
• learner-centered pedagogical methods
• better learning results and employment
• renewed pedagogical thinking and teaching practices
Education train-the-trainer programme
Takeaways and benefits:
• new practices and collaboration between lectures, students and working life experts
• modern learning theories
• lecturers learn to implement projects with partners from working life
• students learn to implement theory into the practice
Some areas covered in the programmes: Social media and pedagogy, Information technology and education, Assessment of learning, Learning environments, Co-operation with world of work, Special need teacher education, Entrepreneurship, Guidance counsellor education.
The Finnish education system is a model for the rest of the world.
Finland has been ranked as the highest performing country in three consecutive PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment) surveys by OECD. EduExcellence consulting services are formulated by the highest Finnish educational standards.
Services for developers of education management:
• transition management for the renewal of education systems
• institutional management • quality assurance management in higher education
• quality in action: how to put the PDCA cycle to practice
• strategic and change management in higher education
• responsible leadership • curriculum design and learning environments
• credit transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) systems
Takeways and benefits:
• familiarize yourself with the Finnish professional higher education (UAS) model
• understand how to combine academic studies and applied research with the needs of industries
• apply innovative pedagogical approaches and practices
• know and adapt different forms of cooperation with industry
• localize and utilize state-of-the-art educational approaches
• recognize and implement a solid quality approach in different areas of higher education
• deploy pertinent management tools for efficient leadership
• assist public and private bodies in achieving world-class education
We offer a wide range of learning oppurtunities for maintaining and developing professional skills.
Our services are tailored to the needs of each client. The options range from one-day workshops to long-term study programs.
Fields of study:
• business and administration
• social services, health and sports
• technology and transport
• tourism, catering and domestic services
• vocational teacher education
Keynote speeches, discussions and workshops provided by experts of the three universities. These can be delivered in Finland or in your country.
Highlights of the topics that we cover:
• management of higher education institutions
• cutting-edge learning environments and student-centered learning methods
• e-learning with a Finnish touch
• close cooperation with the world of work
• entrepreneurship and coaching
EduExcellence´s Shareholders Quality and Accreditation
The universities represented by EduExcellence (Haaga-Helia, Laurea, Metropolia) operate according to the highest Finnish educational standards andhave obtained following quality labels: FINEEC Label (The Finnish Education Evaluation Centre), ECTS Label (The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System), Quality label by International Association of Universities, Green Office Label by WWF, The Strongest in Finland Platinum certificate, Achiever Certificate 2017 by Kauppalehti Oy.
Haaga-Helia UAS is a member the International Association of Universities and of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). We are currently seeking international accreditations by AACSB and EQUIS. Haaga-Helia´S Quality Assurance System is accredited by Finnish Higher Education Evaluation Council FINHEEC. Haaga Hospitality School is also a founding member of the prestigeous Hotel Schools of Distinction.
Laurea UAS is contucted by Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC) an audit of Laurea in 2016 and awarded it a quality label that is valid for six years. The quality system of Laurea fulfils the criteria for the quality management of higher education institutions and corresponds to the European principles and recommendations. Laurea obtained the Certificate for Quality in Internationalisation from the European Consortium for Accreditation in 2015. The certificate was awarded to Laurea for having successfully incorporated an international and intercultural dimension into the purpose, function and delivery of its education. Laurea’s Learning by Developing model received also a special mention as a good practice example in the assessment report.
Metropolia UAS is conducted by The Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC) an audit of the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and has awarded the university of applied sciences a quality label that is valid for six years from 24 February 2017. The quality management system of the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences fulfils the national criteria set for the quality management of higher education institutions, and corresponds to the European quality assurance principles and recommendations for higher education institutions. The object of the audit was the quality management system that the university of applied sciences has developed based on its own needs and goals. The freely selected audit target chosen by the university of applied sciences was Metropolia’s innovation projects, MINNO©.